Yard No.BARBARA YN 318
This yacht was designed by C.E.Nicholson and built in our Gosport yard in 1923 for Herbert T.Hines.Built in wood as an auxiliary cruising bermudan rigged yawl.
In 1926 she was bought by H.F.Edwards.
In 1928 she was bought by Baron A. de la Grange with her home port as Dunkirk.
In 1929 she is recorded as being owned by Baron & Baronne A. de la Grange in Cannes.
In 1930 she was bought by Compte Jean de Vogue who based her in Cannes and continued to own her until the late 1950’s when we built Yard No 829 ERYX for him in 1959 and then Yard No 896 ERYX II for him in 1964.
In the early 1960’s BARBARA was bought by Jaques Dewez but he did not keep her long as he next bought the Fife yacht Chameleon.
She was restored by Juan Sanchez in Malaga in 2000 and was for sale in 2005 and was sold in early 2015. The yacht was shipped to Viareggio Italy by the actual owner and a thorough restoration was held at Francesco Del Carlo boatyard under the survey of our team. Following her 3 years restoration, the yacht was launched on may 19th 2018.
Length Overall 49.5’
Length Waterline 36.3’
Thames Tonnage 20 T.M.
Official No. 147980
Machinery Yanmar 4JH3-TE